Between the 14# of sugary treats Natty brought home from Disneyland, and the nearly 5# they got Friday from trick-or-treating, I wasn't looking forward to the constant "can I have a piece of candy" nagging that was sure to follow.
What's a mom to do?
Bribery.
I'm proud to share that Ash, Natty and Keely traded their sweets for the choice between a horse toy or a Groovy Girl doll. Ash picked the doll (Rapunzel!!), while Natty and Keely opted for the horse (shocker!). The candy will be boxed up, donated and shipped to our troops overseas. Even though I'm sure my girls (and me!) would enjoy those scrumptious mini-delights, I can almost guarantee the brave men and woman over there will enjoy them even more.
So even though more toys are the last thing these girls need, I was happy to invite in more "friends" if it meant seeing all that candy go.
I'm proud of you Ashley, Natalie and Keely.
Happy with their trades
It'll be a miracle the day I can get all 6 eyes on the camera AND smiles on their faces at.the.same.time
No comments:
Post a Comment